The Texas Independence Trail Region is a nonprofit organization and proud member of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program. We work to create a positive economic impact for the region by positioning it as a heritage tourism destination. Statewide marketing of the Texas Independence Trail Region works to increase visitation to cultural and historic sites and bring more dollars to Texas communities, especially rural ones. We offer many opportunities for businesses and organizations in the region as part of our membership program. By teaming with the Texas Independence Trail Region and other Independence Trail Partners, you will pay only a small fraction of the costs for numerous marketing opportunities, and participation in annual events.
Benefits of the Partner Participation Program
- Passport: In Development. Contact Seneca McAdams for participation information!
- Travel e-Brochure: Currently available online.
- Travel Map Brochure: Available online and physical copy.
- Marketing Partnerships: Partner with the Independence Trail at travel shows and events throughout the year. Through partnerships your marketing dollars go further.
- Training Workshops: A series of bimonthly presentations on the best practices, case studies, specific skills and networking with regional and state experts.
- Satellite Brochures: Brochures provide possibilities to promote day trips, overnight itineraries and thematic trails within the region.
- Website: A calendar of events, contact information, downloadable e-brochures and pictures that promote the heritage and cultural resources within the region.
The program will provide discounts and other benefits to cities, non-profits, companies and individuals throughout the region.
Your Participation Will Help To:
Promote Heritage Tourism Sites: The heritage tourism amenities of the region are promoted and tourism dollars are generated.
Develop Heritage Tourism Amenities: As sites are identified or are created, the Texas Independence Trail Region is active in the development of the asset.
Additional Benefits of the Program:
- Grassroots organization of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program
- Liaison to the Texas Historical Commission
- Travel and Leisure show participation opportunities: TTIA Travel Fair, State Fair of Texas and other regional travel shows or festivals
- Co-op advertising opportunities
- Presence on the Texas Independence Trail Website
- Event listings on the Texas Independence Trail Website
- Presence on Texas Independence Trail twitter and Facebook pages
- Media/promotion list serve access
- Free subscription to The Medallion, the Texas Historical Commission’s bi-monthly magazine
- Access media leads
- Speakers Bureau
- Texas Travel Information Center display opportunities
- Use of the Texas Independence Trail Region logo
The Texas Independence Trail Region is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Texas Travel Industry Association
- Preservation Texas
Texan Benefits (Memberships) Available
- General Sam Houston - $ 5,000
- Stephen F. Austin - $ 2,500
- Col. William Barrett Travis - $ 1,000
- Davy Crockett - $ 500
- Jim Bowie - $ 250
- Lone Star - $ 150
- The Texan - $ 100
Business Sponsorships Available
- Texian - $ 5,000 - $ 7,500
- Alamo - $ 7,501 - $ 9,999
- San Jacinto - $ 10,000 -$ 14,000
- Republic of Texas - $ 14,001 +