Menu

Texas Independence Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Bastrop: Ascension Catholic Church


Ascension Catholic Church was formally organized in Bastrop with services being held at the courthouse and in private homes. The first Catholic Church in Bastrop, St. Martin’s, was a brick structure built in 1870. In 1896, it was replaced by a frame church on the same site and was renamed Sacred Heart. In 1963, the church changed its name to Ascension Church to avoid confusion with other churches in the area. A rectory and multi-purpose building were built in 1974. The current church and bell tower were completed in 1983. With well over 1,000 families, Ascension Parish continues to grow and thrive in the Bastrop community.


Location

  • 802 Pine Street
  • Bastrop, Texas
  • 78602

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • Daily. This is an active parish, please be respectful of services.

  • Free


Map