Menu

Texas Independence Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Bastrop: Bastrop Christian Church


One of the older denominations in the community, Bastrop Christian Church existed as early as 1857, conducting services in the old courthouse building prior to the acquisition of the current property. In 1867, the “little rock church” was built on this site. The deed to the property was obtained on September 25, 1867, and signed by H.K. McDonald, giving possession of the lot for a consideration of $1.00 to the new owner, J.H. Wilkins. A.A. Erhard and J.M. Beavers, elders of the Christian Church, signed the deed. The Victorian-style church building was erected in the spring of 1895 and chartered on November 22 of that year. 


Location

  • 1106 Church Street
  • Bastrop, Texas
  • 78602

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • This is an active church, please be respectful of services.

  • Free


Map