Menu

Texas Independence Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Bastrop: Calvary Episcopal Church


Calvary Episcopal Church was organized in 1869 by Alexander Gregg, the first Episcopal Bishop of Texas. The local Methodist church was used one Sunday each month for services. When the Reverend John Phillips, a Methodist minister, left his denomination to become the first Rector of Calvary, it caused dissension between the two congregations, and the Episcopal Church was denied further use of the building.  The present church was constructed in 1883. In 1997, the needs of the growing congregation led to expansion of the church.


Location

  • 603 Spring Street
  • Bastrop, Texas
  • 78602

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • This is an active church, please be respectful of any services.

  • Free


Map