Menu

Texas Independence Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Bastrop: First Baptist Church


On August 3, 1850, the First Baptist Church of Bastrop was organized with 11 members. From 1853 to 1863, the congregation shared a frame building with the Presbyterian Church and the Masonic Lodge. In 1888, the church began construction of a one-room frame building at 908 Pecan Street. In 1929, a lot at the corner of Water Street and Farm Street was donated for a new building. It served the congregation well until October 10, 1971, when the church held its first services in its present facility built on the same lot. The church now has more than 1,200 members.   


Location

  • 1201 Water Street
  • Bastrop, Texas
  • 78602

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • This is an active church, please be respectful of services.

  • Free


Map